I'm No Longer Dead

Filed under: by: Hey Doc Wait

So maybe I wasn't dead. Just being an intern.


I had three months back to back of wards, so q4 call and 4 days off per month--and I got totally worn out. Pair this with ongoing concern for my sick family member, and I was pretty exhausted. I made myself a promise in mid-November that I would eliminate all extraneous stuff from my existence until I could handle it again. I didn't clean the house, I didn't send out holiday cards, and I didn't worry about updating my blog.

Not like it matters too much, as I don't really have an audience per se...

But I missed having an outlet for my thoughts and stories. I started blogging in 2005 and kept it up until October, so it's time to get back on it now.

What was the most interesting thing that happened to me this week so far? An 85 year old man kissed me on the cheek a few days ago after a clinic visit. I went to shake his hand and he leaned over and planted a shaky kiss on me. I didn't really protest--he's 85 freaking years old. I do think it made my husband wildly jealous, though...

1 comments:

On March 23, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Barbara said...

You're back!